Regular Expression option for 3 or less characters
I have a regular expression below that works for a string example like:
- MCCOY 3H L24 FINAL 02-28-2012.dwg or
- SMITH-JOHNSON 5H R32 FINAL 05-26-2012.dwg
But now I'm trying to figure out how to change the regular expression to work for the examples above if they were like:
- MCCOY 3H L-ABC FINAL 02-28-2012.dwg or
- SMITH-JOHNSON 5H R-123 FINAL 05-26-2012.dwg
They can also be like
- MCCOY 3H L-C2 FINAL 02-28-2012.dwg or
- SMITH-JOHNSON 5H R-2 FINAL 05-26-2012.dwg
So to sum this up, that middle section will always have a Alphabetic character followed by a Dash and then it could have as much as 3 numbers or alphabetic characters or as few as 1 number or alphabetic character.
matches 1 to 3 alphanumeric characters.