Eclipse indigo won't start in Windows 7
Eclipse indigo won't start in Windows 7 (first launch), the splash screen appears, stays there and nothing happens afterwards.
So far I tried the following:
- reinstall Java 6
- Add vm parameter to eclipse.ini (to the right javaw.exe path). In this case no splash screen and eclipse.exe and javaw.exe are available in Taskmanager.
- launch eclipsec.exe instead of eclipse.exe
- launch eclipse.exe -clean
- increase -Xmx384m parameter
- launch eclipse.exe in Admin Mode
- Eclipse Indigo Java Edition (32bits)
- Windows 7 (32bits)
Any help would be appreciated
1) Since you've not had any luck so far, please try deleting, rebooting, and reinstalling Eclipse:
delete your Eclipse install directory
delete Eclipse workspace directory (EX: c:\users\MYUSERNAME\Workspace)
reboot your PC
2) Try starting Eclipse from a command prompt; see if you get any errors.
- Check your Workspace. Verify that it exists, that it's writable.
3) See if you have any logs under your workspace
- EXAMPLE: c:\users\MYUSERNAME\Workspace\.metadata.log
4) Follow the suggestions here: