Upgrading Liferay 5.2 to 6.0 checklist
- Make backups of the Database and file system of plugins (especially portal*.properties).
- Overwrite dependency jars
- Deploy new .war
- Set permission algorithm to 5 in the properties (as L-5.2 uses it, however L-6.0 uses 6)
- Start application,
- see if the DB updates correctly
- see if the portal is working correctly
- Clean up user-specific permissions
- Convert legacy permission algorithm to 6 in the control Panel
- Migrate a custom theme.
- Upgrade EXT to EXT Plugin(p. 398)
It's fairly understandable, but I stumbled upon this thread(Missing FileEntryForm class). Are there any more changes of this kind?
Also, is there something else I'm missing?