How do I use PhpStorm to edit and debug source code on a local WAMP server?
I have a local WAMP server running a project (c:\wamp\www\myProject). I want to edit and debug this project using PhpStorm. I was thinking I have to create a project in PhpStorm and import my source into it.
I tried using the wizard "New Project from Existing Files..." but I don't think I'm doing it correctly.
- In the wizard I selected "Web server installed locally, source files are located under its document root".
- Next page I selected c:\wamp\www\myProject for the directory to create the project in.
- Next page I selected http://localhost for the URL and named it MyProjectURL.
- The next page says, "Specify project web path on your server. It will be appended to the server root URL". I left this blank because my project is right on the root. And I checked the checkbox that says, "Review PHP settings" which enabled the "Next" button.
- When I hit "Next", the next page comes up and says, "Failed to determine PHP installation on server MyProjectURL" and it gives you the option to add include paths on the server.
I have no idea what to do here:
- Do I need to add include paths?
- Should I just not check the box to Review PHP settings?
- Am I even doing the right thing by using this wizard?
Check this tutorial for the configuration specifics (Integrating XAMPP with the IDE). WAMP configuration should be similar.