Debugging menu disabled in NetBeans 7.3
I have for long used NetBeans and Xdebug successfully to debug my PHP code running on a remote test server. However, after upgrading to NetBeans 7.3, the Debug menu is almost entirely disabled and I cannot set breakpoints anymore.
What could be the cause of this problem?
Some extra info
- If I choose Attach Debugger... I can only select the Java Debugger (JPDA), which is not for PHP.
- If I choose New Breakpoint... I get a form suitable for Java programs, not PHP.
- My project settings in Run Configuration seem fine and unchanged.
- Settings in Tools -> Options -> PHP -> Debugging are Debugger Port: 9000 and Session ID: netbeans-xdebug.
- The remote test server's phpinfo page reports that Xdebug is installed: This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine: Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2011 Zend Technologies with Xdebug v2.1.1, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by Derick Rethans
Installing a later version of NetBeans solved the problem. PHP Xdebug debugging now works the way it's supposed to. So to me this seems like a bug.
To be more precise, I installed NetBeans 7.3.1 and it now lives along NetBeans 7.3 on my HDD as it wasn't removed by the installation process. The installation asked whether I wanted to import settings from 7.3. Not sure whether this would corrupt the fresh install I clicked Yes.