Application design for when a database is temporarily disconnected?
Here is the problem:
- Incoming data from source
- Your program that process that data
- Written in C# and targeting .NET 4.0
- Output database not associated with source
- Output database may be disconnected temporarily
- Disconnection time is between 0 and 2 hours
- Still receiving data from source while disconnected
What would be the right pattern to follow when you have this situation? Is this too vague or situation specific?
Cache it using a queue on the server side. Remove the data off the queue once the data is dumped into DB.