GAE and Django: What are the benefits?
Currently I have a website on the Google App Engine written in Google's webapp framework. What I want to know is what are the benefits of converting my app to run with django? And what are the downsides? Also how did you guys code your GAE apps? Did you use webapp or django? Or did you go an entirely different route and use the Java api?
With Django on GAE, you get all the benefits (and also the non-benefits) of GAE. The benefits are mainly automatic scalability and high reliability at a very low cost.
You may want to start by checking out the following:
- Stack Overflow: Django on Google App Engine
- Stack Overflow: Django and App Engine
- Google Code: Running Django on Google App Engine
- YouTube: Google I/O 2008 - Python, Django, and App Engine
- Django on Google App Engine in 13 simple steps
- Google - Why App Engine?