Renaming in IAR Embedded Work Bench
Is it possible to rename workspaces or projects? I am using 6.5_2 (although I have full versions of previous releases 4.0, 6.0)
To rename a workspace, but keep the projects in it all the same name as before, just simply rename the .eww file.
Since IAREWB doesn't actually provide the functionality to specifically rename a project, a work-around is required. What I do when trying to rename a workspace and it's associated project, I do this...
- Copy Template.ewp (the project file) and rename the copy to say NewProject.ewp
- Open Template.eww
- Select Project->Add Existing Project...
- Select NewProject.ewp and press Open
- Select the "Template" tab at the bottom of the Workspace view
- Right-click the project and select Remove
- Close IAREWB, it will ask you to save the workspace, do that.
- Rename the .eww, ewd to NewProject.eww, NewProject.ewd (and .dep if you have it)
- Delete Template.ewp
You should then be able to open NewProject.eww as a completely renamed workspace and project.
If you want to only rename a project and keep the workspace the same name, only do steps 1-7
Hope that helps. and Good luck!