Debugging hangs with “Application is waiting for debugger to attach” on Android with Eclipse
I know that this issued has been assessed a number of times but I can not resolve it. I'm using Eclipse v. 4.2.2, Android API 19, Windows 7 64 bit. I have the same issue on both a Kitkat virtual device and a Nexus 5 device. I'm trying to debug an almost empty application and the last Console output is always:
[2014-06-04 11:56:03 - delme] Attempting to connect debugger to 'com.example.delme' on port 8611 [2014-06-04 11:56:04 - delme] Launch error: Failed to connect to remote VM
I tried all the following steps with no success:
- adding <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SET_DEBUG_APP"></uses-permission>
- adding 127.0.0.1 localhost in host configuration file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts)
- only 1 instance of eclipse was open
- only 1 device is connected
- restarted Eclipse and windows and adb kill-server and rebooted the pc
- restarted the device
Thank you very much.
Ok, resolved the issue by installing a new Eclipse-ADT bundle. My old version was a Juno with ADT manually added, but I don't know what was the problem.