JMSAppender with MuleStudio

I'm trying to do a proof of concept in MuleStudio 3.5.0 that requires JMSAppender for Log4j using ActiveMQ.

I've added the following to my log4j.xml file:

<appender name="jms" class="org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender">
  <param name="InitialContextFactoryName" value="org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory" />
  <param name="ProviderURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616" />
  <param name="TopicBindingName" value="logTopic" />
  <param name="TopicConnectionFactoryBindingName" value="ConnectionFactory" />
</appender>

<root>
  <appender-ref ref="jms"/>
</root>

I've added the following to my pom:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
  <artifactId>activemq-core</artifactId>
  <version>5.7.0</version>
</dependency>

However, when I build and run it, I get the following ClassNotFound exception on startup:

log4j: Class name: [org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender]
log4j: Setting property [initialContextFactoryName] to [org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory].
log4j: Setting property [providerURL] to [tcp://localhost:61616].
log4j: Setting property [topicBindingName] to [logTopic].
log4j: Setting property [topicConnectionFactoryBindingName] to [ConnectionFactory].
log4j: Getting initial context.
log4j:ERROR Error while activating options for appender named [jms].
  javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class:  org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory]
  at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:674)
  at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:307)

I'm not sure where to go from here. Some search hits say "you'll need a jndi.properties file"...but I don't know what that means.

Can someone provide step-by-step instructions on what I need to do to get this to work?

Answers


The solution is to add the activemq-core library to mule/boot directory for the Mule Server being used by MuleStudio, e.g.: C:\MuleStudio\plugins\org.mule.tooling.server.3.4.1.ee_3.4.1.201312062152\mule\boot

The gotcha in my case was that, while the About box showed MuleStudio at Version 3.5.0, clicking on mule-project.xml showed that studio was actually using 3.4.1 as the server.


Need Your Help

Javascript regex equivalent to php failing

javascript regex

Guess this is a pretty simple problem. I've got a regex and php that looks like this:

jQuery UI .buttonset() is too slow

javascript jquery html performance jquery-ui

I have a few thousand buttons on an HTML page. It takes more than 10 seconds to run $(".buttonset").buttonset(); on document ready. Is there a faster way to do this, or is my only solution to somehow

About UNIX Resources Network

Original, collect and organize Developers related documents, information and materials, contains jQuery, Html, CSS, MySQL, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL, objective-c, iPhone, Ruby on Rails, C, SQL Server, Ruby, Arrays, Regex, ASP.NET MVC, WPF, XML, Ajax, DataBase, and so on.