iPhone simulator keeps app running on Build and Run
I have a problem with my iPhone simulator. Since yesterday when I press Build and run.
- Xcode builds the project
- Simulator closes the running app
- Simulator opens the running app in same state as it closed (multitasking?)
The old build keeps running, I have to quit the simulator before i can run the new build. I tried cleaning the project, tested with a new project. Same problem. Rebooted everything.
Running Xcode 3.2.4 / 4.1 SDK.
I was going crazy with the same problem. It seems that some people have this problem and some don't. Somehow I stumbled onto this: http://openradar.appspot.com/8915498
Basically, it says that if you're running the iPhone simulator on a different volume than the xCode app, there is some problem with updating the simulator and you have to restart each time.
I almost ignored the fix because I only use one volume, but I DO use filevault for my home folder. Since the Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator was in my /Users/[me] directory, I guess it's a different volume.
So, what I did was:
1) Go to /Users/[Me]/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator and renamed to "old-iPhone Simulator" (just to get it out of the way without deleting)
2) Go to /Library/Application Support and create a new folder called "iPhone Developer"
3) Open Terminal and enter: ln -s "/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator" "/Users/[Me]/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator"
Viola! Worked like a charm for me! Now iPhone simulator shows me the changes I make every time I push "Build and Run" without any other hassles! Yay! 3)