What to read when bored?
Hey guys... Its quite late in the night right now and I'm taking some time off from coding my project. I discovered Coding Horror only a few weeks ago and I totally loved it. Having read all of its posts I have ran out of things to read when bored.
Can someone please suggest some great blogs (coding,computers) to read which are informative and fun one can read when bored?
I browsed through my RSS feeds and grabbed out this selection.
- http://slashdot.org/ - Hopefully no comment necessary. I read it for the comments, not the articles.
- http://thedailywtf.com/ - More for the amusement factor than for any self-improvement benefit.
- http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/ - Often short updates, often technical, but I find I really enjoy Raymond's blogging style.
- http://www.paulgraham.com/articles.html - Not updated daily, but very interesting backlog of essays. Most recent updates focus on venture capital since that's where Paul works these days, but earlier essays are varied in focus.
- http://martinfowler.com/bliki/ - Similar to the previous one, sporadic updates but entries are generally well worth reading, especially if you're interested in Agile development.
Few or no updates, but great material to go through over time:
- http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/ - Amusing (and long) "rants", generally with a technology focus.
- http://blogs.technet.com/b/markrussinovich/ - Interesting write-ups of technical problems and how they were solved using SysInternal tools. Windows-oriented.
This Site is great. I recommend :)
Something comedic? Try Linux Hater's blog (http://linuxhaters.blogspot.com/).
Something educational? Try Jon Skeet's coding blog (http://msmvps.com/blogs/jon_skeet/Default.aspx).
reddit.com you will get hooked.