Adding a JSP file to a GWT project in Eclipse Helios( and Galileo )
I have a GWT project in Eclipse to which i try to add a jsp file. I run the application in development mode and when i try to access that jsp file i get the following error:
HTTP ERROR 404
Problem accessing /testing.jsp. Reason:
Powered by Jetty://
I'm using Eclipse 3.6 (tried it on 3.5 too with the same results), GWT 2.1 and GAE 1.3.8
That's strange - it works out of the box on my machine:
- GWT 2.1
- GPE (Google Plugin for Eclipse) 1.4.0
- Eclipse 3.6
I just do the following:
- Create a new Google Web Application (from Eclipse).
- Add a "testing.jsp" directly in the "war" directory (not for example in "war/myApp/")
- Start development mode ("Run as Web Application").
- Go to http://127.0.0.1:8888/testing.jsp?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997 (exactly this URL)
[The only case when it doesn't work for me is, if I use Java 1.5 code in the jsp file. But then I get a 500 error, not a 404.]
Can you try this exact scenario, and see, if it works?
A 404 error means it can't find the file. Your jsp file should go in the war directory, not in your source tree: project/war/testing.jsp