How do I enable the Japanese keyboard on the iPhone simulator?
I have a UITableview with a UISearchBar, which contain Japanese words, and I want to test if it works to search Japanese words with Japanese keyboard. I can't find how to change the default keyboard on iPhone simulator.
Open on simulator Settings application ->General->International->Language. Select here your language and keyboard will have required letters.
I think what we really want to do is add an international keyboard, not change the language of the simulator.
- Open Simulator
- Find Settings. It's an app, not a menu item. Look for the icon with three gears.
- Navigate to General > Keyboard > International Keyboards > Add New Keyboard
- Now select the international keyboard(s) you'd like to add.
- You can access the new keyboard(s) in your app by clicking the button that looks like a globe.
- Once selected, that keyboard will remain the default until you change it again using the method from step 5.