I'm interested in a library(for windows) written in Delphi/Pascal or C++ that allows me to record(to a video format) desktop screen, requirements:
- must be able to specify the frame rate, or at least be able to record @ 5fps;
- must be open source or free;
- the output format could be almost any, but the quality must be good enough to be able to read text from the recording;
pluses, if possible:
- option to record without colors(grayscale);
- multiple display aware;
- cross platform(Windows & Linux, other platforms would be nice as well, but not necessary);
If by any chance, I didn't explain something right, please feel free to ask so I can rephrase or give more details, etc.
FFMPEG supports screen capturing(casting) and is cross platform.