URN Logo
The content of this page is collected from Linux Forum, All copyrights and other associated rights are reserved by the original authors of the articles.
Resources
China Linux Forum(finished)
Linux Forum(finished)
FreeBSD China(finished)
linuxforum.com
  LinuxForum General Chat
  Linux Advocacy
  LinuxForum Polls
  Introductions
  Linux Kernel Support
  Patch Management
  Development Release
  Linux Programming
  Linux Security
  Linux Software
  Linux Hardware Problems
    Linux Video Problems
    Linux Sound Problems
  Linux Networking Support
  Linux Printing Support
  Linux Human Interface Devices Support
  Linux Data Storage Support
  Linux Applications Support
  Linux Installation Support
  Linux Laptops Support
  Linux Motherboard, Chipsets, CPU, Memory
  Miscellaneous
  Debian Linux Support
  Ubuntu Linux Support
  LiveCD Discussions
  Gentoo Linux Support
  Mandrake Linux Support
  Redhat / Fedora Linux Support
  Slackware Linux Support
  SuSE Linux Support
  CentOS Linux Support
  Linux Web Servers
  Linux DNS Servers
  Linux Database Servers
  Linux Email Servers
  Linux FTP Servers
  Linux Squid Proxy Server
  Linux Samba Help
  Linux cPanel Help
  Linux Ensim Help
  Linux Plesk Help
  Linux Webmin / Usermin Help
  Qmail Toaster Help
  Linux Games
  Windows Game Emulation
  Linux Discussions
  General Linux Discussions
  Red Hat Linux Discussions
  More Red Hat Linux Discussions
  Mandrake Linux Discussions
  Slackware Linux Discussions
  SuSE Linux Discussions
  Debian Discussions
  Samba Help
  Linux Security
  Linux Networking
  Gentoo Help
  Operating System Rant Forum
  Hardware Rants

Why I Can't Hear The Music When The Kde Starting?
Subject: Why I Can't Hear The Music When The Kde Starting?
Author: wbczyh    Posted: 2004-04-16 06:32:06    Length: 224 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Recently,I can't hear the start music when the KED starting.But when the start finished,I can play mp3 file normally.I don't know why? who can give me an answer.
    Thanks in advance for your advice.
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: gyarnoc    Posted: 2004-04-21 12:44:48    Length: 552 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
I have the same problem

I have sound everywhere, but I can't hear the standard KDE sounds. Every time when I start aumix all is muted. I have changed these settings and saved them but it keeps coming back. Anyone know how to stop sound from muting?
BTW all sounds work when it's muted, except for the KDe sounds.

Thanx,

Gyarnoc
----
- gyarnoc -

Webmaster of FlightSim Planet.net

Mixed PC Specs:
Intel Pentium IV 2800 MHz
1024 MB RAM
2 x WD 120 GB HDD
ATI Radeon 9500 Pro
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 + 6.1 Surround Speakers
Windows XP Pro and Mandrake Linux 10 Community
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: hopdevil    Posted: 2004-04-29 10:01:22    Length: 324 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
I was having the same problem with KDE sounds. This is what I did. Open the Control Center and select Sound and Multimedia. Then I chose Sound System. Under Sound I/O I selected ALSA as the I/O method. Everything works fine now. I didn't have to do this on previous installs. Who knows?

Good Luck,
Duane
[Original] [Print] [Top]