URN Logo
announcement The content of this page is collected from Linux Forum, All copyrights and other associated rights are reserved by the original authors of the articles.
Resources
China Linux Forum(finished)
Linux Forum(finished)
FreeBSD China(finished)
linuxforum.com
  LinuxForum General Chat
  Linux Advocacy
  LinuxForum Polls
  Introductions
  Linux Kernel Support
  Patch Management
  Development Release
  Linux Programming
  Linux Security
  Linux Software
  Linux Hardware Problems
    Linux Video Problems
    Linux Sound Problems
  Linux Networking Support
  Linux Printing Support
  Linux Human Interface Devices Support
  Linux Data Storage Support
  Linux Applications Support
  Linux Installation Support
  Linux Laptops Support
  Linux Motherboard, Chipsets, CPU, Memory
  Miscellaneous
  Debian Linux Support
  Ubuntu Linux Support
  LiveCD Discussions
  Gentoo Linux Support
  Mandrake Linux Support
  Redhat / Fedora Linux Support
  Slackware Linux Support
  SuSE Linux Support
  CentOS Linux Support
  Linux Web Servers
  Linux DNS Servers
  Linux Database Servers
  Linux Email Servers
  Linux FTP Servers
  Linux Squid Proxy Server
  Linux Samba Help
  Linux cPanel Help
  Linux Ensim Help
  Linux Plesk Help
  Linux Webmin / Usermin Help
  Qmail Toaster Help
  Linux Games
  Windows Game Emulation
  Linux Discussions
  General Linux Discussions
  Red Hat Linux Discussions
  More Red Hat Linux Discussions
  Mandrake Linux Discussions
  Slackware Linux Discussions
  SuSE Linux Discussions
  Debian Discussions
  Samba Help
  Linux Security
  Linux Networking
  Gentoo Help
  Operating System Rant Forum
  Hardware Rants

Question About Combining 3 T1 Lines
Subject: Question About Combining 3 T1 Lines
Author: rigbyorange    Posted: 2004-05-28 09:54:26    Length: 277 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Hello,
We have a client who purchased 3 t1 lines.  These were supposed to be bundled together to provide 3 Mbps but instead are three seperate lines each with different gateway and IP info.  Is there a way to combine these lines using a linux router?

[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: chedder    Posted: 2004-05-28 16:45:53    Length: 646 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
You can get T1 cards to work in linux systems, but I think instead I'd recommend going to an actual multiplexer.  There are quite a few, such as this from adtran:
]]Adtran Multiplexers

What you will really need to do is work with the ISP that supplied these 3 T-1's, and find out what kind of multiplexer they support.  The T1's will have to be multiplexed on both ends.  You'll get roughly a 4.5Mb connection from 3 T1's.
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: rigbyorange    Posted: 2004-06-02 18:23:00    Length: 375 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Hello,
Let me give a little more information.  Our client's ISP brought in 3 t1 lines.  Each T1 is connected to a router provided by the ISP.  Out of each router is an ethernet connection.  How can I best utilize these three t1 lines with my linux router?  Each T1 has five static IP adr.  Each with on a different subnet.  Thanks
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: JuiCe    Posted: 2004-06-02 21:08:03    Length: 434 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
chedder is right. To combine the t1 lines you must multiplex them. I know this is possible because my dad runs a small cable company and has purchased 2 T1 lines to be multiplexed for the backbone(sounds slow, but does the job). I cant provide much information on how to do it... Ive seen the 2 T1s mounted on the wall then some cisco equipment beside it. It may be possible to multiplex with linux but i have no idea on how to do it
----
Slackware 10, 400mhz AMD K6, 64mb ram, 40x cd rom.
Windows XP Pro, 1.5ghz Intel P4, 512mb ram, 40x cdr, DVD-rom.
[Original] [Print] [Top]