URN Logo
announcement The content of this page is collected from Linux Forum, All copyrights and other associated rights are reserved by the original authors of the articles.
Resources
China Linux Forum(finished)
Linux Forum(finished)
FreeBSD China(finished)
linuxforum.com
  LinuxForum General Chat
  Linux Advocacy
  LinuxForum Polls
  Introductions
  Linux Kernel Support
  Patch Management
  Development Release
  Linux Programming
  Linux Security
  Linux Software
  Linux Hardware Problems
    Linux Video Problems
    Linux Sound Problems
  Linux Networking Support
  Linux Printing Support
  Linux Human Interface Devices Support
  Linux Data Storage Support
  Linux Applications Support
  Linux Installation Support
  Linux Laptops Support
  Linux Motherboard, Chipsets, CPU, Memory
  Miscellaneous
  Debian Linux Support
  Ubuntu Linux Support
  LiveCD Discussions
  Gentoo Linux Support
  Mandrake Linux Support
  Redhat / Fedora Linux Support
  Slackware Linux Support
  SuSE Linux Support
  CentOS Linux Support
  Linux Web Servers
  Linux DNS Servers
  Linux Database Servers
  Linux Email Servers
  Linux FTP Servers
  Linux Squid Proxy Server
  Linux Samba Help
  Linux cPanel Help
  Linux Ensim Help
  Linux Plesk Help
  Linux Webmin / Usermin Help
  Qmail Toaster Help
  Linux Games
  Windows Game Emulation
  Linux Discussions
  General Linux Discussions
  Red Hat Linux Discussions
  More Red Hat Linux Discussions
  Mandrake Linux Discussions
  Slackware Linux Discussions
  SuSE Linux Discussions
  Debian Discussions
  Samba Help
  Linux Security
  Linux Networking
  Gentoo Help
  Operating System Rant Forum
  Hardware Rants

Unable To Connent To X Server
Subject: Unable To Connent To X Server
Author: djdave    Posted: 2004-05-29 22:35:03    Length: 1,178 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
I HAVE EDITED THIS to reflect the error messages correctly.
Will try running 'ALT+F7, Thanks SERZ...

Receive the following error when booting up for the first time after installing Mandrake 10. When the gui didn't start up, I signed in as root then tried  'startx'.

xlib:Connection to "0.0" refused by server.

xlib:Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 KEY
giving up.

xinit:Unable to connent to x server
xinit:No such process(errno3):server error.

I went into the root and tried 'startx' (which gave the above error), 'xf86conf' Managed to get in but even with all the correct settings for my hardware, still no gui screen..., 'kdesu" (which informs me it cannot connect to the server???).

Please, any advice on getting the server fixed or is it a video card driver prob and if so, what does a newbie do?

I am running an ati all-in-wonder pro 128 32 bit. Both ati and Mandrake say it is supported.
Will re-installing help? Where does a newbie go to learn that? (remember-I have no gui, only command line.)
----
Dj - Crawling out of the darkness
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: serz    Posted: 2004-05-30 04:44:48    Length: 92 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Do ALT + F7, there must be something if it's telling you that it's already running.
----
serzsite.com.ar - insitt v2.
"All the drugs in this world won't save you from yourself..."
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: djdave    Posted: 2004-05-31 15:52:43    Length: 3,037 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
This is the last few lines of my debug log. I am not sure what it means but I get nothing except a quick flash of color when I hit ALT + F7.
I have found out that my all in wonder pro is maybe the cause. The ati  all in wonder card is a pci card while the all in wonder PRO is an agp card. I've gotten a driver from gatos that is supposed to work, but I have no idea how to install it with or without the gui. Command lines maybe great for vets but for us newbies weened on simple point and click, this is a rude awakening...

I have found that the server is apparently running

* opened rpmdb for writing in /mnt
* imported key=22458a98 for medium Updates for Mandrakelinux 10.0
* found key=70771ff3 for medium Installation CD 4 (x86)
* found key=70771ff3 for medium Installation CD 1 (x86)
* found key=70771ff3 for medium Installation CD 3 (x86)
* found key=70771ff3 for medium Installation CD 2 (x86)
* running: parsehdlist --synthesis /var/lib/urpmi/hdlist.Updates for Mandrakelinux 10.0 (ftp1u).cz with root /mnt
* running: gzip -S .cz /var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Updates for Mandrakelinux 10.0 (ftp1u) with root /mnt
* step `installUpdates' finished
* starting step `exitInstall'
* running: ddcxinfos
* running: gzip /root/drakx/report.bug with root /mnt
* getAndSaveInstallFloppies: using file saved as /mnt/usr/postinstall-rpm/auto_install.img
* running: losetup /dev/loop0 /mnt/root/drakx/replay_install.img
* mounting /dev/loop0 on /mnt/root/aif-mount as type ext2, options
* running: fsck.ext2 -a /dev/loop0
fsck.ext2: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/loop0

/dev/loop0:
filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

* mounting /dev/loop0 on /mnt/root/aif-mount as type vfat, options
* calling mount(/dev/loop0, /mnt/root/aif-mount, vfat, -1058209792, check=relaxed)
* error: output in file /mnt/root/aif-mount/auto_inst.cfg failed: No space left on device

* Warning: <output in file /mnt/root/aif-mount/auto_inst.cfg failed: No space left on device

* calling umount(/mnt/root/aif-mount)
* running: losetup -d /dev/loop0
* pid 4415 returned 0
* running: rpm -qa --queryformat %{size}\n with root /mnt
* Installed: 1.9GB(df), 1.7GB(rpm)
* step `exitInstall' finished
* running: rpm -qa --queryformat %{size}\n with root /mnt
* Installed: 1.8GB(df), 1.7GB(rpm)
* to put in /mnt/etc/modules
* to put in /mnt/etc/modprobe.preload intel-agp
* running: /sbin/generate-modprobe.conf  with root /mnt
* getFile XXX:
----