URN Logo
announcement The content of this page is collected from Linux Forum, All copyrights and other associated rights are reserved by the original authors of the articles.
Resources
China Linux Forum(finished)
Linux Forum(finished)
FreeBSD China(finished)
linuxforum.com
  LinuxForum General Chat
  Linux Advocacy
  LinuxForum Polls
  Introductions
  Linux Kernel Support
  Patch Management
  Development Release
  Linux Programming
  Linux Security
  Linux Software
  Linux Hardware Problems
    Linux Video Problems
    Linux Sound Problems
  Linux Networking Support
  Linux Printing Support
  Linux Human Interface Devices Support
  Linux Data Storage Support
  Linux Applications Support
  Linux Installation Support
  Linux Laptops Support
  Linux Motherboard, Chipsets, CPU, Memory
  Miscellaneous
  Debian Linux Support
  Ubuntu Linux Support
  LiveCD Discussions
  Gentoo Linux Support
  Mandrake Linux Support
  Redhat / Fedora Linux Support
  Slackware Linux Support
  SuSE Linux Support
  CentOS Linux Support
  Linux Web Servers
  Linux DNS Servers
  Linux Database Servers
  Linux Email Servers
  Linux FTP Servers
  Linux Squid Proxy Server
  Linux Samba Help
  Linux cPanel Help
  Linux Ensim Help
  Linux Plesk Help
  Linux Webmin / Usermin Help
  Qmail Toaster Help
  Linux Games
  Windows Game Emulation
  Linux Discussions
  General Linux Discussions
  Red Hat Linux Discussions
  More Red Hat Linux Discussions
  Mandrake Linux Discussions
  Slackware Linux Discussions
  SuSE Linux Discussions
  Debian Discussions
  Samba Help
  Linux Security
  Linux Networking
  Gentoo Help
  Operating System Rant Forum
  Hardware Rants

iptables with multiple vpn connection
Subject: iptables with multiple vpn connection
Author: Jason    Posted: 2004-08-19 22:06:47    Length: 258 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Hi,

Iptables is working fine with single vpn connection, but not multiple vpn
connection.  Would anyone tell me how to config my linux box for multiple
vpn connections?
Any help will be appreciated.

Jason

[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: Centurion    Posted: 2004-08-22 17:03:44    Length: 1,109 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Jason wrote:

QUOTE
Hi,

Iptables is working fine with single vpn connection, but not multiple vpn
connection.  Would anyone tell me how to config my linux box for multiple
vpn connections?
Any help will be appreciated.

Jason

Are you passing through PPTP connections?  In that case you need to read up
on GRE protocol and PPTP.  Basically it's a limitation of PPTP and NAT
together; that and packet sequence numbers.  If you assigned a different
external source IP too each internal PPTP connection, you can run more than
1 NAT'ed connection...but  that defeats the purpose of using NAT.

You might have more success with OpenVPN (google it) which is
cross-platform, uses TCP and is fully NAT-able :)

Cheers

James
--
Nobody said computers were going to be polite.

[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: Jason    Posted: 2004-08-22 20:47:46    Length: 1,387 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Thanks James,

But is it possible to using the OpenVPN and still using my iptables in the
same time?

Jason

"Centurion" [spam.this@nowhere.tld] ???
news:gblnv1-qa5.ln1@gandalf.ocs.open-channels.com ???...